5.05.2008

My growing family

I counted, and as of today, I have 48 dependents. (Ok, granted, I'm not the financial provider, but heaven knows I am the caregiver, so it counts.) This dramatic uptick in my personal responsibility (not my ability to deliver it, but rather my need to) is due to yesterday's new arrivals, 31 baby chicks. They came in the mail, and we went on the wild chicken chase to find the Albany central post office (which, in fact, is not actually in Albany) where they were being held. Despite friends'dire predictions of chicks arriving DOA, all are here intact and lively, at least for now. We have Spangled Hamburgs, Blue Analusians, a mystery chick, and brown single comb leghorns. I could not make this up if I tried. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous! I have always wanted to keep chicks!

Paige said...

I'm so glad you commented--how are you? I was just thinking of you this morning...I am going to email you with a Switz. question for a friend later today....xx