2.21.2008

Finally

To be sure, this latest blogging hiatus is mostly the result of laziness--I have yet to master the art of iPhone tip-tap-typing. As much as I love this little gadget, I find it slow slow slow for typing. I was going to post about waking up last Thursday, nearly ready to leave for LA; reading an email early that morning from a friend who had read the blog and who sent good thoughts for me not catching the stomach flu; until that second, I had somewhat miraculously forgotten about the flu, and certainly had no thought of getting it myself. How funny, I thought , not a little smug. Within ten minutes, I was running for the bathroom, and after that, wracked with nausea so severe that the H joked I must be pregnant. No. Just sick as a dog with a plane to catch. I loaded up on Immodium and anti nausea meds and crossed my aching, feverish fingers. It was truly a miserable day, despite smooth sailing, travelwise.

Nowhere to go but up, after that.

3 comments:

Froggymama said...

Ugh, nothing worse than traveling when sick. Except perhaps traveling with a sick toddler. It's all bad. Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Sweet jesus, I don't care if you are sick. I am just so glad you're here. I want to get my hands on you. How? When?

goodfellow said...

Ha. It never ceases to amaze me how similar our lives are...

I spent last night throwing up; all night long. I too got the gastro from the sprog.

I just hope that I have a chance to get over it, because next week, Pierre is going to Africa, and I will be manning things alone. It is pretty scary to fly without a net -- I have no here to call for help if things happen -- what if it had happened while Pierre was away?

And I am pretty worried about Viggo -- he went down from 8.4 kgs (still a very low weight for an almost 16 month-old boy) to 7.7kg. If anyone has some words of comfort or ideason how to get him to gain weight....